COSTA RICA

COSTA RICA

Monday, August 25, 2014

So that at the name of Jesus...


Wednesday and Thursday were full of sports and ministry and fellowship with people of all ages. We visited a different school on each day to run sports clinics with hundreds of energetic children and to share with them the love of Christ. Our clinics included various stations for different sports and one for Dona Rosa to present the gospel to the kids. Each session ended with a testimony from one of our teammates, which provided another opportunity for the children to hear about Christ's love and to accept Him as Lord and Savior if they felt so led. Several did - praise God!

Thursday was a Sawyer day at El Jobo School and also at a retirement community that we visited briefly. We left one Sawyer filter at the retirement community, where we had led the elderly in some light exercises, and gave out many filters to families that had gathered at the school in the afternoon. Here is what the team has to say about this experience and the overall trip thus far:

"I have truly enjoyed my time thus far in Costa Rica! Teaching the importance of drinking clean water has really put poverty into a different perspective. God has really been moving!" -Amanda

"One of my favorite moments was today watching fifty people walk down the street to their respective houses, each with a new Sawyer water filter attached to his or her bucket. What a joy it has been letting love bridge the communication barrier and building meaningful relationships with the children, adults, and even elderly we spend our days with." -Claire

"Costa Rica has been a lot of fun! Stretching me physically and spiritually. It's been a great experience so far." -Susan

"This is definitely the greatest experience of my life. Costa Rica is a wonderful place and I am glad to be here. It is amazing to be able to play with the kids at different schools, and seeing the happy faces of people who have received water filters. The language barrier is kind of hard to get by, but we are making do. I cannot wait to see God during the rest of the week." -Peyton

"In my opinion, the best part of Costa Rica has been the many opportunities to stretch myself spiritually. Another incredible experience I have had is the ability to express the love of Christ through my actions without the ability to speak to the children." -Kyle

"Loving children without speaking their language has been both a challenge and a joy; their smiles fill my heart. Love truly is a universal language." -Clair

"It was awesome being able to talk with the people at the nursing home. The older people and I enjoyed each other's presence and I hope and pray to have helped them live in God's will mercifully and joyfully. Just as the older people were fun to be with, so were the kids and I have faith that they will live Christ-following lives." -Jared

"Some things that have really touched my heart on the trip so far are things like giving out water filters to people, getting to know the little kids' names and play with them, giving our testimonies to the kids, and just the fellowship with each other at the farm. It has all been such a blessing." -Braden

"I've loved a lot about Costa Rica but something that has stuck out to me more than anything is that the majority of people have a genuine willingness to talk to people in an open fashion. Whether it's the children at the clinics, middle aged strangers on the street, or the elderly at a retirement home, most of the people are honestly interested in hearing our stories and want to tell theirs too. A refreshing change of pace and one I'm thankful for." -Jeremy



No comments:

Post a Comment