COSTA RICA

COSTA RICA

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

¿Hablas Español?.....No

Hey guys, we´re at Escuela Punta Cortes near the Nicaraguan border and so far everything has been going very well. We left the Replandancer around 7:30 this morning and it took us around 2.5 hours to get to our school to run our second clinic. Most of the trip was on a dirt road where we cannot go fast at all, but we´ve found ways to entertain ourselves. Coming to Escuela Punta Cortes has been such a blessing. A lot of kids here at this school come from families that are very poor but the kids here are very well behaved, disciplined, and extremely respectful. We played kickball, soccer, dodgeball, and flag tag and every single kid and even though it is so hot and very humid, did not stop playing. During the water breaks, Mackenzie and myself (Drew), had the opportunity to share our testimonies to the kids through Eka, our translator. Talking through a translator is not easy, because you need to talk in short, simple sentences. So the night before, we had prepared what we were going to say, but I left my paper at the farm so I had to go from memory today. A couple guys prayed with me before I shared to bring peace and for God to speak through me and He did. God is doing some amazing things here, not only in the AROMA team but in the people who have provided us hospitality and the people who we have visited. I am extremely excited about what the future holds for this trip and I hope all is well back in the states.

Pura Vida,
Drew Pagenkopf

The blog post from yesterday will be available as soon as possible, it is more difficult than we thought to get wifi to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment